Monday, April 7, 2008

ChicagOasis.org

Bad URL

While you may score points naming a local point-of-interest something cute like ChicagOasis, you'll get major deductions when trying to promote your URL. Anyone catching this commercial at a glance will assume the URL is ChicagoOasis.org and currently that URL is a dead-end. In fact I bet this post will claim top spot on Google for ChicagoOasis.org and I'll reap the benefit of misdirected traffic. Now before all your domainers rush to buy ChicagoOasis.org, know that it's taken, the owner just hasn't done anything with it yet. If Garfield Park Conservatory does indeed own that URL, they'd do well to 301 redirect it to their Bad URL, ChicagOasis.org. In the meantime, I'll keep track of how many visitors I receive from ChicagoOasis.org and report back in a few weeks.



UPDATE 4/8 7pm: I am now the top result on Google for ChicagoOasis.org.

No comments: