Saturday, January 12, 2008

Slim-Fast.com

Good

When I first saw this commercial, I was ready to slap Bad URL on it faster than you could say, "She's just big-boned." The voiceover at the end of spot says "SlimFast.com" but the graphic shows "Slim-Fast.com." I was sure I had them nailed in an inconsistency. As it turned out, they own both URLs and have them redirected to Slim-Fast.com. Now before you can nail me in an inconsistency (using dashes is one of my URL no-no's) it's important to point out that the Slim-Fast brand name has a dash in it. Using that as the URL reinforces the trademark and allows them to add a subtle .com to the end of the logo when promoting the URL. Bottom line, it may have taken me a while to see its inner-beauty, but this URL turned out to be quite dashing.

No comments: